Thursday, November 27, 2008

God gave us reason to be Thankful

When one thinks about this time of the year we all go from the transition of fall to winter with the passing of Thanksgiving to Christmas. If one truly thinks about this with some deep thought the only reason one has to be truly thankful for is God. After all without Him there is no reason why the universe would even exist. The Bible declares that God exists before the universe came into being and will be there even when it passes away. God is the Alpha and the Omega. He is the Beginning the the End.

Thus, when one things about there existance, one must acknowledge God. For it was God who created this planet, who gave us the sky and air we breathe and the plants and flowers and food that we eat and the water to drink. Without God there would be no animals and no green grass to enjoy. No mountains, no seas, no wild buffalo to watch roam.

But think of the awesomeness of the fact that the God who has created all this for us to enjoy, also had the foresight to see that we would fall short. For when Adam and Eve fell in the garden of Eden, tempted by the serpent, they fell into a thing that most Americans do not like to talk about, a word called SIN.

But God saw through this, He already knew before our ancestors fell that we would need someone to come and save us. That is why He sent Jesus Christ into the world to die on a cross, but before there was a cross, there had to be a birth, which is why we celebrate Christmas.

So when I reflect on this time of year I think of what God did for me through Christ. I am truly thankful and I am gratefully. No matter what I am faced with and no matter what happens or occurs, I know one thing, God is with me and will never leave me or forsake me. Do you feel the same way?

If you would like to read more on what I have to say check out my blog at www. thetruthteller.org

No comments: