Saturday, February 14, 2009

The battle between Evolution and Creationism Heats Up

During this past week the birthday of Darwin was celebrated and it drew attention to the creation evolution debate as a result. My own personal journey on this as changed over the years as I have considered what science and the Bible have to say about the topic of how did we come to be.

After making Jesus Christ my personal savior and Lord of my life I had a most difficult time understanding how science and the Bible could co-exist. I was someone who thought that evolution and creationism could be the one and the same. However that began to change when a friend of mine named Keith was able to give me some creation material from a group called ICR( International Creation Research). The material spoke from a scientific point of view, but was using the Bible as it basis. It was through this time that I began to change my thinking to the place where I believed that creationism and a young earth theory is the correct one.

I know that many Christians out there are confused by this topic and have many questions that plague their thoughts as this topic once again comes to the forefront. I believe that it is the time for Christians to stand up and not back down off of what we believe. The article that I have linked to at the bottom of this post shows how Christians are fighting back. If we are wanting to change our society and the culture we live in, we must engage it at the foundation. The foundation of our culture belief in truth has been wrecked by this attack by the religion of Evolution. People are confused about topics like marriage, life issues like abortion and euthanasia. This is because our belief in absolute truth has been damaged. The christian has the truth, because Jesus Himself declared himself to be it (John 14:6). It is time for us to speak out and demonstrate to the world why He, Christ, is the only way. Church don't sit on the sidelines any longer. Let us be salt and light in a world that needs it more than ever.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=88878

No comments: